Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's finished!

I don't usually push myself this close to a deadline, but I did this time. Today, I finished putting the final fringe on my entry into this year's Rings & Things "Your Designs Rock!" contest. I was going to enter another piece (and may still enter it - I took new photos), but this one got under my skin and I HAD to finish & enter it.

As is my usual, I started off playing with new stitches. I previously blogged about getting The Art of Beaded Beads: Exploring Design, Color & Technique edited by Jean Campbell. I've had more fun making the confetti beads and variations of my own beads that I often forgot that my wrists were hurting! It wasn't until I started making a pom pom bead that I had to breakdown and buy some painkillers. But, I'm really happy with the results. So, after I hit "Post" here, I'm off to fill out the online application and get her in.


I present "Having a Ball" featuring approx 20mm wood beads beaded in RAW with size 10/0 & 11/0 seed beads, the center bead is done the same way with fringe, small beaded beads using 6/0 & 11/0 seed beads and fringe & chain up the size in 8/0, 6/0, 10/0 and 11/0 seed beads. I luff me some seed beads.

4 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Ice those wrists, Jama!! Savor this accomplishment...and good luck in our contest :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Susan Clinkscales said...

Whoa Jama! That is a fabulous necklace! Good luck in the competition :)

Bea said...

That?

Is. Awesome.

That is fun and funky and I totally think of fireworks...
Good luck in the contest!!!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Lovely entry. Love all the beautiful colors.