Monday, December 1, 2008

The White Witch

I finally finished my Snow Queen entry for the Esty-Beadweavers December Challenge. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going when I started, but that's pretty normal for the way I start out projects. It's the first time I've beaded around rivolis, but I really enjoyed turning them into snowflakes. There's some right angle weave, lots of peyote, fringe and netting. I love it when I get to play with stitches!

Most of my inspiration from this piece came from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia) It was one of my favorite books growing up and has become one of my favorite movies. The White Witch, or Queen of Narnia, doesn't wear anything around her neckline in the movie, but I'd like to think she'd wear this with its representations of snow & ice.

Please visit the EBW blog at http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com between December 9th and 15th, to see all of the entries in our December challenge and vote for your favorite. Search EBW TEAM for more beautiful beadwoven creations and EBWC for monthly challenge entries.

2 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

That is gorgeous! I love it!

Kerrie Slade said...

Beautiful Jama! I bet it looks great on.

Oh and thanks for the award too :D