Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Found Myself!

Not in the philosophical way, but in a "holy crap, that's my necklace!" kind of way. I was looking through the latest Rings & Things catalog, finding the bits & pieces for my entry into their "Your Designs Rock!" competition. Lo and behold, on page 133 of the 2009-2010 catalog, there's my "Queen's Green Collar!"

Guess that's just a little more incentive to get my entry in!

I'm currently trying to figure out which pieces I'm entering in which competitions. I pulled my "For the White Witch of Narnia" piece from Etsy, redoing some of the stitching to make it a little fuller and to lay more like I wanted it to. I've also pulled a few more, knowing that I'm entering them in something, but not sure. I've also got a piece that I finally finished, thinking about entering it in Bead Dreams, but I think it's going to go toward the FMG competition this year. Once I've got it figured out, I'll post more!


Also, I just bought Jean Campbell's "The Art of Beaded Beads." I'm loving this book! I've been making the confetti beads featured on the cover, planning on something huge and colorful. I also really like the anemone beads, so I'll probably try those out next. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to bead!

4 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Congratulations on finding your necklace in Rings and things. Your white necklace looks cool.

BeadsForever said...

Congrats! What a nice honor.

Dave Robertson said...

Hi Jama, so glad you found yourself! We're really proud to feature your necklace. It deserves all the attention it can get :)

--Dave

missbreezysbox said...

I love the white necklace. Great job on getting yourself out there.