Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh what a weekend!

I had a pretty fabulous weekend. Friday night, my friend Kate and I took another friend, Anne, out for a night in Louisville. Anne had twin girls at 23 1/2 weeks and has been living in the Ronald McDonald House in Louisville for 8 weeks now. The girls are at Kosairs and are doing so well - just last week they were both extubated and have already been worked down to the lowest oxygen level! I've been kicking myself for not getting up there since the twinkies were born, but it was so good to drag Anne out for a night of conversation, dinner and good beer at BBC. We walked down to Borders afterward at 4th Street Live and then back to the RMH. I love Louisville and I love my girlfriends.

On Saturday, I got my kiddo and drove back to Louisville for a Bluegrass Etsy Street Team meet & greet at Tina Mackin's studio on Barret. What fun! It was so great to meet the ladies who came, put faces and voices to the names, as well as share ideas. After coming home, the fab Libby snagged a treasury (check out her soaps, one pictured to the right), including everyone who was there. My Blue and Orange Derby hat is one of the featured pieces.

Orange You Glad You're in Kentucky!?
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=51820

Amber and I got back to Lebanon about 6 and stayed in. Sunday morning, we stayed in our jammies as long as possible before hitting her soccer party, the park and then back to her dad's. I got my butt kicked at disc golf by my friend Stephen and then had drinks at Los Mariachis. I love my driving disc in the pond, though. Drat!

I finished the chain maille bracelet I was working on for one customer, which allowed me to get some work done on my entry for the Etsy Beadweavers May Challenge. I have some other projects that I have to finish (paying projects!) today before I pick the needle back up on the challenge piece, but it's coming along rather nicely.

In other news, I got a part-time job! I'm so excited! I've been needing to do something that would guarantee income and I couldn't be more excited about the venue - our local library. I swear, we have the coolest librarians on the planet.

No comments: