Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just Breathe

The auction is over and I can breathe again for a bit. As always, I wish things would have sold for more and I wish the crowd would have been larger, but everything sold and people got some great deals on original pieces. My feet were killing me by the end of the evening after playing Vanna White in heels, but I survived, as did my mother, who happens to be the treasurer for our organization. Kate was a blessing, helping my mom out, as was my step-dad and my awesome friend Patty. Don't know what I'd do without them lately. Even Amber got into the groove, helping Mom bid on Patty's garnet set. And the appetizers! Michele Espinosa and the gang at the Oak Barrel are incredible. I really hope the restaurant is a huge success.

I say I can breathe, but I still have quite a bit to do.
  • Barktoberfest at the park today with Amber & Buddy
  • Amber soccer game tomorrow
  • Chamber lunch Wednesday
  • update inventory
  • Meeting with youth leadership member Wednesday
  • Finish Halloween costume
  • trick-or-treating with Amber 10/31
  • My grant application for marketing materials is due 11/1
  • I need to get ornaments ready for Lee's open house the second weekend of November
  • I have a show that same weekend in Somerset
  • repair work to finish for a customer
  • the Maker's Mark pendants to finish and get out to the gift shop
  • the Etsy-Beadweavers Challenge entry to finish
  • coffee beans to order for the gallery
  • catch up on my filing
  • scrub the gallery
  • Nude 2009 entry to think about (due 10/31) - Nope, not entering this year
  • Painting series to finish (15 paintings)
Sometimes, to do lists give me an anxiety attack :)

4 comments:

K8Kirz said...

But busy is good, right?

Jama said...

Thanks what I keep telling myself!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

You are a really busy woman. I don't know how you do it.

Jama said...

I sometimes wonder myself :)