Monday, October 27, 2008

Sing Praise!

There is nothing quite like getting an email from a happy customer right after they've received an order. I got an email Saturday from the lady who asked me to wrap some Alaskan stones for her:

HI, JAMA,
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I RECEIVED THE PENDANTS AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. I WORE ONE LAST NITE AND WILL WEAR ANOTHER ONE TODAY.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOMEWHERE ALONG THE "ART TRAIL".

THE ROCKLADY


I spent part of the weekend working on my entry for the Etsy-Beadweavers November Challenge, Ancestral Expressions. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to upload my last image to Flickr and tag my item, but oh well. The winners from the last challenge were awesome. Heck, all of the entries were incredible! It's humbling to see yourself in the image matrix among such talented artists.

Back to my entry... my original thought was to incorporate something from each of the elasticities that make up this person named Jama. I started researching, but just wasn't happy with any of the ideas that came to mind. I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out. I've got about a 1/2" left of stitching, then putting the clasp on and adding some embellishment. I hope to at least finish it tonight, since it's my night to get together with my fellow lady artists and chat for a few hours while creating.

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge, Jama.