Thursday, October 16, 2008

Me? Impatient?


Even though I know I didn't place in the Swarovski "Create-Your-Style Naturally Inspired" contest, I'm still eager to see all of the semi-finalists and winners on the website. Winners were supposed to be announced yesterday in New York, so I keep checking the website to see if images and winners have been posted. I know that would be quick turnaround, but I never claimed to be patient with anything besides my beads! Actually, that's the one comment at shows that always makes me giggle. "You must be so patient!" My standard response is "Only with my beads. Ask my 5-year-old and she'll tell you I'm not patient!"

Today is "to-do" list day. I need to wrap a boulder opal for a customer, finish a Christmas ornament for an organization, work on my Maker's Mark pendants and finish at least one of these necklaces on my desk!

3 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Patience is a virtue most of us today do not have. We are always running so fast that patience goes by the wayside. I guess when we do our beading, it relaxes us and allows us to have patience unless we are running on a really bad deadline for it too. My problem is making myself to take the time to bead.

Love your piece in this post.

Louise Hill said...

I think your necklace is lovely. Contests are all relative and I hope you do not feel rejected from not getting in.

Louise

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your creative thoughts!